6 Ways to Improve B2B Engagement Metrics and Close Deals
Any business that wants to succeed must master the art of customer engagement. In the world of B2B sales, this can be a complex and time-consuming task, as the buyer’s journey is often long and convoluted.
Despite the challenges, it’s essential to get engagement right. Over 84% of B2B executives are using social media as a source for making a purchase decision, which shows that buyers are doing their research online before they make a commitment to a company.
So, how can you ensure that your B2B brand is engaging its target audience and closing deals?
To help you, we’ve put together a list of six ways to improve your B2B engagement metrics and close more deals. To begin with, let’s define what B2B engagement is, and why it’s so important.
Quick Jump Links
- What is B2B engagement?
- Why is B2B engagement so important?
- 6 Ways to improve B2B engagement across marketing channels
What is B2B engagement?
B2B engagement can be defined as the interactions between a company and its potential or current customers. These interactions can take place across various channels, including social media, email, video, company website, and many more.
In B2B, engagement is typically measured by metrics, and these are some of the most significant ones:
- Customer acquisition cost: This measures how much it costs to acquire a new customer.
- Customer lifetime value: This measures the total value of a customer to a company over
- Churn rate: This measures the percentage of customers who stop doing business with a company over a given period.
- CTR (click-through rate): This measures the percentage of people who click on a link out of the total number of people who see it.
- Impressions: This measures the number of times a piece of content is seen by people.
Why is B2B engagement so important?
B2B engagement is important because it allows businesses to form relationships with customers and potential customers. When these relationships are strong, it can lead to increased sales and repeat business.
There are a number of benefits to improving B2B engagement metrics:
- Close more deals: B2B engagement can help businesses close more deals by developing relationships with potential customers and understanding their needs.
- Grow revenue: B2B engagement can help businesses grow their revenue by improving their understanding of customer needs and increasing sales.
- Improve customer satisfaction: B2B engagement can improve customer satisfaction by providing a more personalized experience and developing trust between the business and the customer.
These are just a few of the reasons why B2B engagement is so important. By improving engagement metrics, businesses can improve their bottom line and better serve their customers.
6 Ways to Improve B2B Engagement Metrics and Close Deals
1. Website Engagement
Your website is often the first interaction that a potential customer has with your business. It’s important to make sure that your website is engaging and easy to navigate.
Here are a few tips to improve website engagement:
- Make sure your website is responsive: A responsive website will adapt to the device that it’s being viewed on, whether that’s a desktop, laptop, tablet, or smartphone. Even web designers agree on the importance of this, as 73% of them believe that a non-responsive website design is a top reason why people leave a website.
- Optimize your website’s speed: Website speed has a direct impact on closing more deals, as one in two visitors will leave a website that takes more than 6 seconds to load
2. Content Engagement
From blogs to videos to ebooks, content engagement can take many forms.
Here are a few tips to improve content engagement:
- Create interesting and informative content: The first step to creating engaging content is to make sure that it’s interesting and informative. Content that is dull or doesn’t offer anything new will quickly lose the attention of your audience.
- Make sure your content is easy to consume: Break up your content into smaller pieces, use bullet points, and include visuals whenever possible.
3. Email Engagement
Email marketing can be seen as an old-fashioned way to engage with customers, but it is actually one of the most effective ways. Marketers consistently find that for every $1 spent, they can generate $44 in ROI, shows that email marketing should not be ignored.
Here are a few tips to improve email engagement:
- Segment your list: Segmenting your email list allows you to send more targeted and relevant emails to your subscribers. This, in turn, leads to higher engagement rates as subscribers are more likely to open and click through emails that are relevant to them.
- Use the data: Your email list is a goldmine of data that you can use to improve your engagement rates. Look at things like open rates, click-through rates, and unsubscribe rates to understand what’s working and what’s not.
- Personalize your emails: By using the data that you have on your subscribers, you can personalize your emails to each individual. This could be something as simple as using their first name in the subject line or sending them content that is relevant to their interests.
4. Social Media Engagement
Social media is one of the most effective ways to increase engagement metrics, thanks to its ability to reach many people quickly and easily. In this day and age, social media is at an all-time high, making it the perfect place for B2B companies to close more deals.
Some of the best ways to improve social media engagement metrics include:
- Publish evergreen content: Evergreen content is content that is relevant and useful for a long period of time. This type of content is especially important for B2B businesses because it can be used to engage with potential customers at any stage of the sales cycle.
- Create shareable content: Content that is shareable is more likely to be seen by a wider audience. When creating content, think about what would make someone want to share it with their network.
- Use employee advocacy: Employee advocacy content is an easy way to amplify your brand message while lifting up your employees as thought leaders.
- Maintain variety in the content you share: If your social feed is just a barrage of links to your site, product, or articles, it’s going to be hard to get real engagement. Try the 6-3-1 rule:
On top of that, responding to comments and questions is a great way to show that you’re active on social media and that you care about your audience.
5. User Engagement
User engagement is a term for all the ways we can measure how a visitor is interacting with your product, service, or website. User engagement is important for B2B businesses, because it can give you insights into how to improve the user experience and, as a result, improve engagement metrics and close more deals.
There are a few key ways to improve user engagement:
- Make things easy to use: One of the most important things you can do to improve user engagement is to make sure your product or service is easy to use. If it’s not, you’ll quickly lose the attention of your users.
- Offer something new: If you want to keep your users engaged, you need to offer them something new on a regular basis. This could be in the form of new features, new content, or even just new ways to use your product or service.
6. Video Engagement
Video is an excellent way to improve engagement for any business, but it’s especially valuable for B2B companies. Video allows you to showcase your company culture and build trust with potential customers. When making purchase decisions, B2B buyers are often interested in the personalities behind the brand.
Some tips for using video to improve engagement:
- Create helpful how-to videos: How-to videos are an excellent way to show potential customers how your product or service can be used. Not only do they help you to engage with your audience, but they also allow you to show off your expertise.
- Webinars and webcasts: Webinars and webcasts are a great way to engage with potential customers and build relationships. They also provide an excellent opportunity to showcase your knowledge and build trust with your audience.
Engagement should not be underestimated
Engagement is essential for businesses to understand their customers, increase sales, and improve customer satisfaction. There are many ways to improve engagement metrics, but the tips above are a great place to start.
In order to understand and improve engagement, businesses need to have a platform that provides them with the data and insights they need. Oktopost is a social media platform designed specifically for B2B businesses. It provides valuable data and insights that can help businesses improve their engagement and close more deals.
If you’re looking for a way to improve your B2B engagement, try Oktopost today.