Facebook has recently taken some serious steps to ensure the privacy and security of its users’ data. As a result, this impacts Oktopost’s functionalities related to Facebook and Instagram, which are described below.
While the issue concerning data accessibility is somewhat debatable, we completely support Facebook and believe that it should be in every user’s best interests to do the same.
As of April 4th, the Facebook and Instagram API’s have been updated, affecting Oktopost users in the following ways:
- Facebook Groups will no longer display identifiable user data such as username and profile image
- Facebook private messaging functionality has been removed
- Liking Instagram posts is no longer supported
- Leaving comments on public Instagram posts is no longer supported
- Following or unfollowing Instagram users is no longer supported
- Finding pages, groups, events, users using search is no longer supported.
In light of these changes, we will be deprecating the following functionalities from Oktopost:
- Facebook Group streams will be removed
- Facebook mentions will be removed
- Private messaging on Facebook will be removed from the Inbox
- Instagram User Feed streams will be removed
- Instagram Search streams will be removed
As an official Facebook Marketing Partner, Oktopost strives to work closely with Facebook provide our customers with the best possible social media solutions. As such, we will continue to make necessary changes to our platform and update our users as these changes arise.